|Anyhow, here is his List of Virtues:
· Temperance: Eat not to Dullness, drink not to elevation
· Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself.
Avoid trifling Conversation
· Order: Let all your Things have their Places. Let each Part of
your Business have its Time
· Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform
without fail what you resolve.
· Frugality: Make no Expense but to do good to others or
yourself: i.e. Waste Nothing
· Industry: Lose no Time. Be always employ’d in something
useful. Cut off all unnecessary Actions
· Sincerity: Use no hurtful Deceit. Think innocently and justly;
and, if you speak; speak accordingly.
· Justice: Wrong none, by doing Injuries or omitting the Benefits
that are your Duty.
· Moderation: Avoid Extremes. Forbear resenting Injuries so
much as you think they deserve.
· Cleanliness: Tolerate no Uncleanness in Body, Clothes, or
· Tranquility: Be not disturbed at Trifles, or at Accidents
common or unavoidable.
· Chastity: Rarely use Venery but for Health or Offspring; Never
to Dullness, Weakness, or the Injury of your own or another’s
Peace or Reputation.
· Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates.